POSITION: MRI Technologist
REPORTS TO: Director, Imaging Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs all tasks including scanning, and appropriate documentation to produce high quality MRI scans, exceptional patient care, and knowledgeable, friendly, and professional service to patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes Magnetic Resonance (MR) scanner to produce high quality cross-section images of patients’ internal organs and tissues for the diagnosis of medical issues.
- Accurately interprets physician’s scanning instructions, administers contrast materials, prepares and operates the MR scan equipment and positions the patient to capture the appropriate images.
- Checks orders, organizes paperwork, and presents to radiologist in a professional and confident manner. Verifies all information and provides complete documentation.
- Fosters a team effort by offering to help with other duties as needed or requested. Use the initiative to assist without being asked.
- Performed appropriate safety screening and monitors patients for adverse reactions and reports problems promptly to the Radiologist
- Participate in ACR and other modality accreditation when necessary.
- Competent in the placement of iv’s and administration of intravenous contrast.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge (RIS, PACS, Nextgen, eFilm) and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Maintain a clean and professional environment with adherence to biohazard and infection control.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
Must be certified by the AART as a MRI Technologist and the State of Indiana.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be able to physically maneuver equipment and patients and possess good IV placement skills