Human Resources and Audiologist
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will assist the Audiologist throughout the various functions and responsibilities within the Audiology Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Externship program will include working with Audiologists in performing the following services provided by The South Bend Clinic:
- Diagnostic hearing evaluations (adult and pediatric, including visual reinforcement audiometry and conditioned play audiometry)
- Tympanometry (226 Hz and 1,000 Hz)
- Acoustic Reflexes
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE) testing
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing (unsedated in the office or sedated in the clinic’s surgery center)
- Electrocochleography (ECochG) testing
- Videonystagmography (VNG) testing
- Hearing aids
- Cochlear implants
- Bone anchored hearing aids
- Hearing aid verification
- Custom hearing protection
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of the South Bend Clinic’s Service Standards.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
Must have successfully completed all coursework required by their educational institution and be eligible for an externship program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be highly motivated and self-driven, organized, and eager to experience all aspects of audiology as they grow their skills as a future clinician in this fast-paced setting.