REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for fitting and dispensing of eyewear. Assists patients with the selection of frames. Performs minor repairs and adjustments of eyewear.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist patients in selecting frames of the most suitable size and shape based on prescription.
- Analyze and interpret prescriptions.
- Provide basic eye health and vision screenings.
- Perform accurate measurements to determine size, shape, and specifications for lenses and frames.
- Prepares work orders.
- Assemble and repair eyeglasses.
- Verify the completed fit of eyeglasses or lenses and ensure they are manufactured to the required specifications.
- Assist with duties at Visions in Granger as needed.
- Maintain frame inventory and update inventory in computer.
- Assist with contact lens instruction classes and place orders for contacts.
- Perform appropriate adjustments to ensure patient comfort.
- Promote eye health and the correct use of ophthalmic appliances by educating patients.
- Efficiently assist in rooming patients and taking appropriate history.
- Documentation of all patient care is thorough, objective, concise, and follows appropriate legal guidelines.
- Applies knowledge of general insurance guidelines and requirements to help direct patient care.
- Arrange and maintain the displays of optical merchandise.
- Observes department conditions and activities taking appropriate action to deliver a positive patient experience.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Follows SBC Reimbursement policies and utilizes up to date coding information.
- Takes initiative to seek out tasks and duties and/or assists others as necessary.
Optician certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be able to learn quickly. Must have good communication and personal skills. Must have proven sales ability.