POSITION: Application Support Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY: Delivers support to end users in the organization in regards to the use of various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers. Also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related courseware.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with existing feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyzes results and make recommendations for support process improvement.
- Fields incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Records, tracks, and documents the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, to final resolution.
- Evaluates documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Communicates application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and performs post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintains and enhances performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Identifies and learns appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinates with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participates in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Posts software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company network to assist in problem resolution.
- Provides support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Performs preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches and hot fixes.
- Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Applies configuration changes as needed.
- Conducts research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Creates and manages user accounts.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of applications, regulatory requirements (HIPAA) and billing requirements to advise the business on application changes that will be needed to remain compliant.
- Provides training for all enterprise applications.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures
College degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or previous equivalent work experience is required. Certifications in NextGen and EPM are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including NextGen or related practice management application. Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques. Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures. Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications. Ability to create basic queries to analyze data. Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives. Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills. Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Highly self motivated and directed. Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly. Good analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Very strong customer service orientation. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.