POSITION: Senior Applications Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Information Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Role is to deliver support to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers. Required to manage projects involving the implementation of new or upgraded application. Also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related courseware.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and deploys feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes for all enterprise applications.
- Manages projects involving the implementation and upgrade of enterprise applications.
- Works with the Business, and the Sr. Director of Information Services to develop and refine the System Develop Lifecycle.
- Fields incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues.
- Prioritizes, schedules, and administers all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Records, tracks, and documents the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Evaluates documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Communicates application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintains and enhances performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Identifies and learns appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinates with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participates in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Posts software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company network to assist in problem resolution.
- Provides support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Performs preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches and hot fixes.
- Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Applies configuration changes as needed.
- Conducts research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Develops security policies and procedures.
- Performs security audits.
- Creates and manages user accounts.
- Works with the business to establish Service Level agreements.
- Develops Policies and Procedures for the configuration of Enterprise Applications to meet changing business needs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of applications, regulatory requirements (HIPAA) and billing requirements to advise the business on application changes that will be needed to remain compliant.
- Provides training for all enterprise applications.
- Manages and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
College degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or previous equivalent work experience is required. Certifications in NextGen and EPM are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including NextGen. Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques. Broad knowledge of project management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile. Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures. Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications. Knowledge of database structures in order to interpret data models and makes recommendations for accessing data. Ability to create basic queries to analyze data. Knowledge of basic accounting and billing practices. Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives. Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Highly self motivated and directed. Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly. Good analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Very strong customer service orientation. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Occasional travel between training locations required.