POSITION: Global Clinical Float - MA
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs general patient nursing care to patients under supervision, including assisting with exams or procedures, patient education, and maintenance of medical records.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides ongoing triage and management of office flow to meet patients’ medical and service needs in order to maintain optimal patient flow.
- Performs the technical component of the department’s clinical procedures competently.
- Documentation of all patient care is thorough, objective, concise, and follows appropriate legal guidelines.
- Communication of all patient care is thorough, objective, concise, and follows appropriate legal guidelines.
- Receives patients professionally in waiting area and rooms them per department protocol.
- Maintains accurate/current logs for equipment, i.e., refrigerator temp, autoclave, eyewash, crash cart, etc.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage for pre-certification, referrals and/or authorizations and documents in NextGen.
- Applies knowledge of general insurance guidelines and requirements to help direct patient care.
- Appropriately responds to emergency situations.
- Cross trains in other positions where appropriate as determined by manager.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
Medical Assistant with certification and/or registration and/or graduate of medical assisting program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Team player, professional, patient focused, detail oriented and ability to multi-task. Possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Ability to work with different physicians at a moments notice and anticipate the needs of that physician. Proficiency with computers including EMR. Assists with clinical procedures specific to department. Proficient clinical skills including: medication administration, height, weight, BP reading, and injections.