POSITION: Senior Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Financial Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial information for the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs assigned monthly GL closing functions in a timely and accurate manner. Prepares standard journal entries. Analyzes and prepares assigned supplemental financial detail reports. Prepares accrual and reclassification entries as required.
- Prepares clear and accurate monthly, quarterly, and year-end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepares detailed bank account reconciliations, identifying issues, and communicating effectively with other departments to resolve reconciling items.
- Responsible for the operation of the Fixed Asset accounting system. Maintains fixed asset and depreciation records. Stays current on all depreciation regulations and assures that depreciation methodologies used in FAS meet the current Clinic strategies.
- Assists in the development of capital budgets and prepares monthly reports of capital expenditures compared to budget. Maintains records related to budgeted CIP projects and reconciles all CIP general ledger accounts.
- Maintains detailed monthly records of assigned accounts such as prepaid expenses, other fees, and contributions.
- Prepares specific reports and journal entries related to the IDP assigned such as research, and OB/GYN allocations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Consults with the Accounting Assistant to resolve problems with the Clinic cashiering function.
- Maintains an orderly and well-organized storage of journal entries, reports, and reconciliations.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual audit by preparing detailed analysis of assigned accounts.
- Prepares accurate daily cash management reports and serves as the banking operations liaison for specific transactions and reconciliations.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use required computer programs including FAS, spreadsheets, general ledger, patient accounting, report writing, email, and others as required.
- Recommends quality and/or process improvement initiatives in order to more effectively and efficiently perform the job functions of this position and assists in implementing these improvements
- Demonstrates diplomacy and professionalism in communication with physicians, managers, outside auditors, and other clinic staff as required.
- Takes initiative to seek out tasks and duties or to assist others as necessary.
- Assists the Controller with special accounting analysis or projects and performs all other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
Bachelors degree in Accounting is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Previous accounting experience is required. Experience with computerized financial systems, fixed asset software, and Excel is required.