POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs general nursing care to patients under supervision, including assisting with exams or procedures, patient education, and maintenance of medical records.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides ongoing triage and management of office flow to meet patient’s medical and service needs in order to maintain optimal patient flow.
- Performs the technical component of the department’s clinical procedures competently.
- Documentation of all patient care is thorough, objective, concise, and follows appropriate legal guidelines.
- Communication of all patient care is thorough, objective, concise, and follows appropriate legal guidelines.
- Receives patients professionally in waiting area and rooms them per department protocol.
- Maintains accurate/current logs for equipment, i.e., refrigerator temp, autoclave, eyewash, crash cart, etc.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage for pre-certification, referrals and/or authorizations and documents in NextGen.
- Applies knowledge of general insurance guidelines and requirements to help direct patient care.
- Appropriately responds to emergency situations.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
Current LPN license in the State of Indiana. CPR preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Team player, professional, and customer service oriented. Proficient computer skills, including EMR, highly organized, ability to multi-task and enjoy working in a very fast paced environment. Must have excellent communication skills and be patient focused. Assist with clinical procedures specific to department. Must be able to perform basic back office skills and assist with clinical procedures specific to department. In addition, must be able to anticipate the needs of the physician and require minimal supervision.