POSITION: Practice Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The position is the front line supervisor for all the departments within the Practice Manager’s scope. The purpose is to provide operational support to the Practice Manager in functions such as completing staff schedules, managing daily staffing and coverage, first contact for patient concerns, employee training and orientation and other practice related areas.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Department staff in the assigned department(s).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as the initial point person for departments within the Practice Manager’s scope.
- Assumes the Practice Manager role in their absence at the direction of the Director of Operations.
- Completes staffing schedules in a timely manner.
- Proficiently follows and manages staff according to Human Resources policies and practices.
- Adjusts staffing as needed to ensure optimal coverage and adequate staffing ratios for providers and department operations.
- Learns all aspects of department’s operations and seeks continual quality improvement processes.
- Communicates with persons, organizations, and other departments as needed to fulfill daily responsibilities.
- Participates in and may lead regular staff meetings.
- Provides ongoing performance feedback to staff in conjunction with advising Practice Manager
- Completes staff performance reviews and provides to Practice Manager for feedback and approval.
- Handles patient concerns. Documents appropriately and communicates to Practice Manager for the purpose of follow-up investigation and preventing reoccurrence.
- In collaboration with Practice Manager develops new hire onboarding training programs specific to employee’s certification/licensure level and position.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing ongoing staff training.
- Monitors staff compliance with policy and protocols within their scope and communicates issues to Practice Manager.
- Conducts regular audits and achieves standards for key metrics as assigned by Practice Manager in areas related but not limited to:
- accuracy measures
- outstanding customer service
- detailed messages
- manage patients expectation in an effort to alleviate unnecessary call backs to office
- wait times
- phone abandonment rates
- Participates in the hiring process with the Practice Manager.
- Participates in the termination process with the Practice Manager.
- Ensures adequate supplies are maintained to continue uninterrupted workflow.
- Maintains a clean, organized, uncluttered, non-disruptive work environment conducive to focused productivity.
- Willingly accepts other duties as assigned.
- Conducts regular touch bases with new employees to gather feedback on their experience resolving as appropriate and communicates to the Practice Manager their concerns.
- Manages staff time and attendance functions including time off requests, timely tracking of staff attendance, etc.
- Responsible for giving corrective actions to staff for unscheduled occurrences per Human Resources policies and with Practice Manager support.
- Participates in performance corrective actions with Practice Manager.
- Works collaboratively with the Practice Manager to develop and implement process improvement for the assigned area
- By way of example exhibits behavior that delivers exemplary patient service.
- Along with Practice Manager leads patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Communicates to Practice Manager resources needed for the assigned area to complete the tasks assigned and provide a quality patient experience.
- Cultivate a team environment where staff feels safe to share ideas and take ownership of their area.
- Cultivate a collaborative relationship with the Practice Manager.
Associates degree in field(s) related to essential functions is preferred but may consider demonstrated experience in absence of education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Previous experience in a medical office is preferred. Detail oriented with the ability to multi task. Previous supervisory experience preferred. Relevant patient and customer service experience. Knowledge of insurance and coding preferred. Strong organizational skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with staff and physicians.