POSITION: Financial Analyst
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides financial reporting to the organization and analyzes financial performance, trends and variances. Acts as a liaison to department managers regarding financial reporting, budgets and other accounting and financial related matters. Provides assistance to other employees in working with various accounting, payroll and purchasing systems. Serves as a backup for critical roles within the Accounting department.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and distributes daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial reports to the organization
- Performs variance analyses on a regular basis, and investigates anomalies, making corrections as needed
- Assists Controller with various projects and ad hoc reporting
- Works closely with department managers to educate and inform regarding financial transactions and performance, as well as the use of various accounting-related systems
- Provides superior customer service to department managers and others within the organization seeking guidance and assistance in financial and accounting matters
- Serves as a backup to the Payroll Coordinator, periodically processing employee payroll and preparing various payroll reports
- Performs vendor master data entry, allowing additional segregation of duties and increased internal control within the Accounts Payable function
- Serves as the departmental expert regarding issues with accounting-related systems (Great Plains, Empower, Aperek (Mediclick), FRX)
- Assists Controller with budget input and reporting
- Designs and implements process improvements in reporting and analysis functions
- Serves as a backup to the Senior Financial Analyst, becoming well-versed in various Clinic processes and functions
- Completes job duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy in all communications
- Takes initiative to seek out new tasks and assist others
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. CPA license or CPA candidate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial analyst role, or an accounting role with analysis responsibilities. Healthcare experience helpful but not required. Advanced level Excel skills and experience in the use of accounting software required. Initiative and analytical capabilities as well as strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.