POSITION: Pharmacy Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists Pharmacist with processing and filling of prescription and other discretionary functions associated with the practice of pharmacy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing friendly and efficient pharmacy care for all customers.
- Demonstrate great phone etiquette and answer phone in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area in order to maximize efficiency of the pharmacy, minimize errors, and promote excellent service.
- Utilize the inventory management system in order to maintain proper inventory levels reduce partial filled prescriptions, process received orders, wholesaler returns, and expired returns.
- Orders, maintains, and displays our OTC products from primary wholesaler.
- Orders, maintains, and displays various specialty retail items such as cards.
- Accurately operates and checks out customers using cash register.
- Assist the Pharmacist in ordering various prescription use medication from vendors at the best possible price in a timely manner.
- Provides business continuity when a temporary Pharmacist is on duty.
- Assist the pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Perform computer entry of prescription information including, but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Clean equipment and maintain all required temperature logs as per corporate Policy and Procedures.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
Technician certification is required with current Indiana license. CPhT preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Prefer previous pharmacy experience. Excellent customer service skills required.