POSITION: Director, Marketing & Communications
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: Directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Marketing and Communication functions for The South Bend Clinic. Develops, recommends and administers marketing strategy and tactics at an organizational and specialty or departmental level.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with physicians, management and leadership, design, implement, and facilitate annual Clinic marketing plan and priorities. Facilitate development and implementation of specialty specific as well as Clinic brand plans.
- Provide direction and oversight to external marketing vendors including advertising agencies, graphics designers. Including managing media buys within budgeted resources.
- Plan, manage and execute media placement and advertising buy strategies, or those developed by external consultants.
- Provide leadership in Clinic and individual physician public relations efforts. Maintain contact and liaison with external media and news organizations. Provide strategic assistance in story placement.
- Monitor effectiveness of Clinic marketing efforts through targeted research, surveys, financial outcome measurement, and market share analysis.
- Plan and administer Clinic Marketing and Communications budget.
- Provide collaborative leadership to Clinic electronic marketing efforts including participation and leadership of Web site function, design and maintenance.
- Administer Clinic social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc) by regular posts and updates
- Monitor Clinic and industry business trends, incorporating observations into strategy and tactics.
- Assist Clinic by creative leadership in differentiating its brand and communicating and positioning the brand through consumer and patient awareness.
- Oversee Clinic sponsorships and charitable contributions, developing systems to evaluate the cause, synergy with Clinic mission or marketing priorities, and efficient allocation of available dollars.
- Represents company at various public events to promote organization.
- Serve as needed as an organizational spokesperson to external media on news and stories and crisis intervention.
- Plan, develop and execute marketing, public relations and Clinic social events.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
Education/Certification/License: Bachelors degree in management, marketing or related field is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Previous leadership experience in marketing, advertising or public relations is required, preferably in the health care industry. Demonstrated and proven leadership skills and accomplishments must be evident. Incumbent must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, tact and diplomacy, insight and creativity, resolve in the face of challenge, organization and multi-tasking capabilities, detail orientation yet ability to think big-picture. Individual must be equally adept at presenting to large groups and one-on-one, as well as dealing with individuals at all levels of an organization, both professionals and hourly staff.