POSITION: Clinical Esthetician
REPORTS TO: Practice Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs specialized cosmetic dermatologic procedures. Provides skin analysis, skin programs, and patient education.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes skin and provides skin care consultations.
- Performs minor cosmetic procedures including chemical peels, laser treatments, microdermabrasion, acne treatments, intense pulsed light (IPL) treatments, facials, cosmetic enhancements, and full body treatments.
- Develops skin care programs and educates patients.
- Documents procedures and information in patient charts.
- Assists physicians with invasive laser surgeries.
- Orders medical supplies and skin care products.
- Researches and promotes skin care lines.
- Documentation of all patient care is thorough, objective, concise, and follows appropriate legal guidelines.
- Communication of all patient care is thorough, objective, concise, and follows appropriate legal guidelines.
- Maintains accurate logs and service of equipment.
- Assists physician with patient analysis seminars.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
Must have completed an accredited training program and possess Esthetician license. Laser experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Previous experience as an esthetician is preferred. Must be professional, detail oriented and a team player. Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to effectively explain various cosmetic procedures to patients. Ability to anticipate the needs of patients. Knowledge of OSHA and sterile techniques. Knowledge of computers and ability to schedule patient appointments. Assists in marketing the cosmetic program for the physicians.