POSITION: Executive Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: CEO
POSITION SUMMARY: The position serves as the primary clerical support to the Chief Executive Officer, Administration, leadership physicians and partnership. The position coordinates meetings, schedules, and communication within the partnership. The position is an informational support resource to clinic staff, patients and physicians, and external parties. The position assists various functions including physician recruitment and legal support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares correspondence such as memos and letters from free hand drafts, tape dictation, or shorthand. Supports Executive Director, Board President, members of Administration and various physicians in transcription, proofing, completion and distribution of correspondence. Periodically drafts correspondence for administrative review and signature. Coordinates distribution of correspondence as indicated, and tracks correspondence as needed for any required response, follow-up, or feedback expectations. Maintains computer or hard copy master files of correspondence by individual author. Serves as editor of correspondence for grammar, punctuation, format and style.
- Prepares, maintains, or fine tunes database records, spreadsheets, reports, or presentation documents. Keeps databases on Provider Turnover, Board Resolution, and Provider licenses and CME current and up to date. Maintains location and provider directories. Coordinates and collaborates with IS in maintaining phone and beeper directories. Assists in maintaining Administrative Policy and Procedure Manual, Emergency Manual, and Clinic reference manuals.
- Collaborates with Credentialing Department in sharing information and records so as to keep all provider license, insurance, and CME files current and ensure rapid and timely action on all applications for insurance, licensure, and credentials.
- Coordinates schedule and appointments for Executive Director. Distributes reminder notices and confirms meetings with attendees. Coordinates or assists in meeting preparation through room reservations, audiovisual support, meal arrangements, meeting packets, and support material.
- Prepares and distributes meeting minutes and agenda packets, authors meeting notices and reminders for Board of Trustees, Partnership, and selected committees. May attend meetings as requested to transcribe minutes. Maintains attendance confirmation tracking, room reservation and meal/catering arrangements.
- Answers Administration phones, taking messages, referring callers, or coordinating conference calls. Refers matters as indicated to administrative team members, physicians, or managers. Serves as an initial point of contact and support to external parties seeking information or assistance and direction. May serve in an intake role in addressing or researching patient complaints or inquiries, referring as indicated to the proper individual or department.
- Serves as receptionist for Administration, greeting visitors and meeting attendees and assisting or directing as appropriate. Will assist those coming to Administration seeking direction guidance or information. Screens requests for information for appropriateness of release and refers to Executive Director where concerns or questions may exist.
- Assists in the physician recruitment process by coordinating preparation and distribution of marketing and information packets and coordinating interview schedules and travel arrangements.
- Serves as a resource to Administrative staff, physicians, and management in transcribing policy and procedure documents, forms, and protocols.
- Maintains Administration and “corporate”/partnership master files of originals including minutes, resolutions, contracts and agreements, correspondence, legal records, notices and filings, licenses and certificates and membership records.
- Inventories, organizes and orders supplies for Administration and its staff. Works with Materials Management in effective procurement and maintenance of supplies and equipment including copier and fax.
- Receives, collates, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail for Administration. Handles FedEx transmittals, and incoming/outgoing fax transmittals to main Administrative machine.
- Publishes and distributes annual and weekly partnership and committee meeting calendar. Serves as central scheduler of available meeting rooms. May assist meeting leader in notices, RSVP tracking, or meal arrangements.
- Assists in “corporate” and partnership litigation and malpractice defense through maintenance of legal files, coordination of attorney visits, deposition schedules and panel selection procedures. Secures master patient medical record, coordinates requests for copies with Medical records Department, and maintains log of chart sign out/in records.
- Assumes other support roles and functions as may be reasonably requested.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
Must be a high school graduate. College degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have prior experience in clerical/secretarial support role, preferably in an executive setting. Health care experience is preferred. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills (both written and verbal), above average proficiency with Microsoft Office, word processing speed and accuracy, and computer talent. Must be highly organized and efficient, able to juggle multiple tasks at once with attention to timely completion. Must have strong service orientation coupled with attention to detail, accuracy and follow through. Must be professional, calm, and tactful in presentation and demeanor. Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and handle variation in workload, showing judgment and discretion. Must handle matters with absolute attention to confidentiality. Must be able to work with little supervision.