POSITION: Ultrasound Technologist
POSITION SUMMARY: Required to independently perform ultrasound procedures in accordance to department protocol, producing anatomically accurate diagnostic images for interpretation by Radiologist. Consults with Radiologist and/or referring physicians on type of scan performed on each individual patient. Assumes responsibility for general care and safety of his/her patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Positions patient, selects proper transducer and machine settings according to examination requested by physician.
- Receives and records pertinent clinical information from the referring physician or other available sources pertaining to the patient. Interviews patient for medical history and accurately relays information verbally or in writing to the Radiologist.
- Produces studies according to Ultrasound Department protocol.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and required accessories in good repair. Notifies equipment service engineers and/or department manager of equipment failure or malfunction.
- Utilizes ultrasound equipment in a safe and careful manner.
- Maintains a clean and orderly patient environment.
- Prepares films, reports and other required documentation and/or paperwork needed by Radiologist for interpretation of study.
- Attends Radiology Department meetings.
- Maintains continuing education requirements for professional organizations.
- Must possess interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with sick, apprehensive and/or irritable patients in order to gain their cooperation to obtain high quality images.
- Must have a friendly, caring demeanor and genuine concern for providing high quality patient care.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
Must be RDMS or ARRT/US Specialized.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be proficient in abdominal, OB/GYN, Vascular and small parts scanning. Is able to work well and handle needs of all patient age groups.