POSITION: Practice Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for successful management and operation of a medical group practice/s and includes providing physicians with all of the resources necessary to meet the needs of patients and meet the financial objectives of the practice.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops efficient operations to ensure quality care and productivity goals for physicians.
- Analyzes and staffs front and back office to meet the needs of the healthcare professionals and patients efficiently and courteously.
- Ensures staffing plans are developed and communicated in a timely fashion.
- Ensures cost effective approach to supply availability within the department.
- Implements and supports goals and strategies as agreed upon by administration and physicians.
- Communicates and ensures staff participation in organization wide programs, policies, and meetings.
- Initiates and facilitates appropriate regular staff/work team meetings to ensure communication and understanding of practice and organization goals.
- Resolves and documents all patient complaints with assistance of clinic staff, physicians, Director, or COO as needed.
- Participates in capital and operating budget creation and expense management.
- Manages practices within established budgetary guidelines.
- Supervises all business office functions occurring onsite, including charge positing and collection of demographic and insurance information as required for billing and reimbursement. Responsible for these tasks being accomplished and performed accurately.
- Responsible for creating positive, safe, professional working environment for all employees, thus establishing and maintaining positive employee morale.
- With assistance from Human Resources, ensures compliance with all state and federal employee related laws and policies.
- With assistance from Human Resources, is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, disciplining, and supervising all department staff according to the department’s organizational structure.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, develops job descriptions and monitors workflow for all staff.
- Performs timely performance evaluations and documentation as required for salary/wage increase and/or performance improvement.
- Implements and reinforces organization wide personnel and operational policies.
- Maintains records of staff leave for vacation, illness, and other reasons.
- Shows leadership in operational management and implementation and support of administrative initiatives.
- Embraces change and flexibility in response to dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Learns all aspects of departmental operations and seeks continued improvement in quality and cost effectiveness of service delivery.
- Provides employees with training and protocols for meeting recommended service standards.
- Fosters learning environment through training of staff and personal skill development.
- Demonstrates customer focused behaviors and a service orientation.
- Develops positive relationships with all physicians in identified departments.
- Acts as a role model for appropriate positive professional behavior in the workplace.
- Leads by example through courtesy, diplomacy, and tact.
Bachelors degree or previous related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience with supervision and management of diverse staff. Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Maturity to work under pressure, to meet established deadlines and to handle issues that may arise with personnel, administration and physicians. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents, including billing and collections reports. Ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, physicians, and/or Board. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Fluency with word processing and spread sheet computer functions. Prefer a prior experience in healthcare as well as prior supervisory experience.