POSITION: Wellness Program Educator
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to 1) educate health plan participants on behavioral changes that can improve a participant’s health status focusing first on those with chronic illnesses and secondarily on preventive measures for others; 2) communicate and educate employees and physicians on the overall client’s wellness program and its resources; 3) assist in developing and refining the client’s wellness program; 4) develop and utilize a database system for capturing gaps in care and providing recommendations to plan participants and the organization for closing gaps.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possesses thorough understanding of the client’s health plan and wellness benefits so position can provide resource assistance to health plan participants in obtaining maximum wellness benefits appropriate for the individual.
- Utilizes participants’ annual physical statistics to identify gaps of care and to develop a plan to address identified areas.
- Provides education and resources on disease management and how to reduce the long term effects of chronic illnesses.
- Recommends wellness action plans to assist employees in achieving healthy lifestyle changes in order to obtain desired goals.
- Reaches out to individuals providing education and coaching either face-to-face or via telephone and responds to individual requests.
- Regularly collects and prepares participant data for tracking purposes and committee presentations.
- Develops wellness program communication and resource materials including but not limited to brochures, wellness cards, employee and physician letters, etc.
- Conducts presentations as needed for identified employee and physicians groups.
- Continuously reviews program and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates the attitudes and behaviors of The South Bend Clinic Service Standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Adheres to HIPAA guidelines set forth in Clinic policies and procedures.
- Nurse Practitioner with current Indiana license.
- Experience in the areas of wellness, nutrition, stress management or chronic condision management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: